Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Bun in the Oven

12 weeks now, so officially into the second trimester. 
We had our first appointment with the midwives yesterday, and everything is looking great. It took a while to find the heartbeat because the little shrimp was swimming away from the doppler. Can't say I really blame him/her--I wouldn't want to be poked and prodded with a pokey wand thingy, either. 

This stage of pregnancy is kind of strange and abstract--I can't feel the baby move yet and am not obviously pregnant (just fat)--so I have hours when I forget that I AM pregnant, especially when Bridget is having one of her "individualistic" days and I can't focus on anything but keeping her from climbing to the top of her bookshelf and killing herself. 

Hopefully I'll feel those first baby flutters in the next few weeks, though, and the abstract days will be over. I'm really looking forward to that moment. And, contrary to popular opinion, pregnancy is not any less exciting the second time around. 

1 comment:

Sheri said...

Okay, post more now!