Thursday, October 23, 2008

We wants the Precious!

Ok, I have just come across this, and I am SO EXCITED! (It's a slideshow, for the yarn-inclined among you who wish to drool over it along with me.) I'm thinking of setting this page as my homepage.

Now, this probably just solidifies my old-lady status with my mother, but I have to say that I don't even stinkin' care in this case. I love all things Harry (that sounds much stranger out loud than it does written down, doesn't it?), and Harry combined with knitting is my idea of heaven. (Maybe that's what my Heaven will be--knitting endless items inspired by J.K. Rowling's universe.)

I called my local yarn store and asked the very nice owner, Kathy, about the status of said yarn. I had read rumors online about flooding and mass destruction of much of this pretty and coveted wool, and wanted to know if this horrific scenario was, in fact, true. 

Sure enough, it will probably be December (!!!) before we get any here. Curses. 

Well, I guess it's just another item for my Christmas wish list, and until I have my very own squishy skein (or 2 or 5...) in my trembling little hands, I will just have to live vicariously through others' enviable acquisitions

1 comment:

Sheri said...

Your posts make me laugh. But in a good way!