Friday, April 11, 2008

It's been so long....

We're finally back up and running with our new MacBook. It's been a little aggravating trying to acclimate to a new system, especially since Apple doesn't like to coddle their customers by doing silly things like including a nice, comprehensive owner's manual with their products, but I digress. At least I have my internet back. 
I've had some time to get some serious knitting in, at least. Well, serious for me, anyway. I've (basically) finished Bridget's sweater. All it lacks is the lace edgings sewn on to the sleeves and blocking, but I'm not in any real hurry to finish it up because we're coming up on West Texas summer, during which time wool/cashmere sweaters don't really come in handy. (Also, I might have had a slight problem in the gauge department resulting in a sweater that will probably not fit Bridget until 2012, but we will never speak of that again.) 
I finished my first pair of socks, light purple, and am 3/4 of the way through Bridget's first pair, pink, yellow, orange and white variegated that I picked up in Ruidoso a few weeks ago. Very girly and pretty. I'm also working on a couple of other things that I can't mention specifically here due to the fact that several of the recipients will probably be reading this. 

Bridget is growing like a little weed. She is almost 19 months old now (not a baby anymore!) and has such a little sassy personality. She is nothing like me in temperment, so I guess she gets that part of her from K. Or her Aunt Sassy. 
Wherever it comes from, I wouldn't change it for anything. I'm so blessed to have such a sweet, outgoing, loving child, even if she sometimes aggravates me so much that I want to toss her out in the yard like a can opener or stirrup pants. (Only 2 people will understand what I'm talking about here.)

My brain is tapped. "Happy Feet" is making me comatose (for the second time today).

3 comments:

Sheri said...

You made me laugh with this one, especially the bit about throwing The Thing out in the yard :D

Therese said...

I want to see some photos of her. I bet she has grown.

Therese (Aussiemama from dcf)

Sheri said...

Okay, blog some more now.