Friday, July 20, 2007

Countdown to Deathly Hallows...

The final Harry Potter is here and will be mine at midnight tonight. Very excited. Plus, this time I won't have the ending spoiled for me, because until I finish reading it (which I estimate will take several days owing to the Care and Feeding of Bridget factor) I will be avoiding like the plague all forms of media remotely resembling news of any kind.

We're going to the Midnight Magic release party at Barnes and Noble tonight, and I know Mama would just shudder at the thought of that many people crammed into that small a space. I find it all very exciting, though. Hopefully Kent and Bridget will make it to midnight, but if not, I told Kent he gets to go home and have Bridget duty. I was hoping to have the Gryffindor scarf done before tonight, but I should know better than to set myself deadlines of any kind with a demanding 10-month old. I plan on taking it and knitting on it a little while I'm there, though.

Speaking of knitting....

Remember Bridget's sweater that I was working on? Well, I hadn't gotten very far on it, but then I realized that my stitch gauge was off by 2 stitches, and if I had kept going on it it would have been very not-fitty. So, I ripped it all back and started over. Hopefully I'll have it finished in time for Bridget to actually wear it this year.

That's my exciting life for the moment. Enjoy.

2 comments:

Therese said...

I hope you enjoy the book. I haven't read any of them yet but my 13 year old was so enthused by them and I have read so much about them at dcf that I now find myself desiring to read from the start.

H F J said...

Soooo... what did you think? You have to have finished it by now ;-)