Thursday, March 15, 2007

Life as a mama

It's tough. There are moments, sometimes even days, when I think to myself, "What was I THINKING?!?!?!" She won't stop crying, she won't sleep, on and on and on......

But...

Then she'll look at me and grin. Or I'll leave the room for a minute and when I come back she'll glance at me, and it's as if she's never been happier. She'll kick her legs and squeal, and when I pick her up she'll lean back so she can see me and she touches my face and smiles.

And all the sleeplessness, irritation and loneliness is gone in that one second.

I understand now why my mother can't really remember whether or not we cried a lot or not. All the bad seems to be completely overshadowed.

1 comment:

H F J said...

We've all had those moments... and you are right, it's all worth it!